Home / Technology Articles / How to Download and Manually Install Android 5.1 Lollipop on Google Nexus 5, Nexus 7, and Nexus 10
Google on Monday started revealing the main real upgrade to its Android 5.0 Lollipop working framework. The upgrade, Android 5.1 Lollipop, will be taken off to different gadgets, with the Nexus arrangement the first in line to get the most recent adaptation. The Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Wi-Fi and the Nexus 10 are the three gadgets that will get this redesign first as Google posted Android 5.1 Lollipop production line pictures for these gadgets on its site. On the off chance that you can hardly wait for the OTA overhaul to arrive, you can utilize these pictures to introduce Android 5.1 Lollipop on your gadget.
You can physically download and introduce the Android 5.1 Lollipop manufacturing plant picture from Google’s site. This procedure is not suggested for anybody but rather the most developed clients who have a touch of specialized ability. This procedure will delete all your information, so ensure you go down your Android gadget first. In the event that you comprehend the dangers and own a Google Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Wi-Fi or a Nexus 10, you can utilize these progressions to streak the most recent adaptation of Android Lollipop on to your gadget.
1. Download and introduce the most recent Android SDK on your Windows PC. This introduces two projects, ADB, and Fastboot, which can be gotten to through the order terminal on your PC, as a part of the product advancement pack.
2. Add the SDK envelope to the PATH by taking after these strides:
• Right click My Computer and snap on Properties.
• Click on Advanced System Settings.
• Click on System Properties > Advanced > Environment Variables.
• In the window, select Path, then tap on Edit, and after that sort for the sake of the catalog where you introduced the SDK, and recall that every passage is isolated by a semi-colon.
3. Empower USB troubleshooting on your gadget. To begin with, go to Settings > About Phone > Software data.
4. Tap Build number seven times.
5. Go to Settings > Developer alternatives. Tick USB troubleshooting.
6. Download the right industrial facility picture for your gadget.
Android 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus 5
Android 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi)
Android 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus 10
7. Extricate the picture on your PC.
8. Interface your gadget to your PC over USB.
9. Begin the gadget in fastboot mode.
For Nexus 5, hold the volume up, volume down and control catches while fueling on the gadget. The full rundown of key mixes for various gadgets can be found here.
You can likewise boot into fastboot mode utilizing the ADB instrument: With the gadget controlled on, go to the charge terminal and execute the accompanying: adb reboot bootloader
If necessary, open the gadget’s bootloader through your PC utilizing the summon terminal and executing: fastboot oem open
1. Open a charge terminal and explore to the unfastened framework picture registry.
2. Execute blaze all.bat, which was a part of the unfastened picture record. This script introduces the essential bootloader, baseband firmware(s), and working framework. For this to work, you need included the envelope where ADB and Fastboot are introduced to the framework’s way as portrayed in step 2.
3. When this is done, Google prescribes that you bolt the bootloader for security. You can do that by booting the gadget in fastboot mode while still associated by means of USB, and utilizing the summon terminal to execute: fastboot oem lock.
While this technique will introduce Android 5.1 Lollipop on your Nexus gadget, despite everything we recommend that you sit tight for the OTA redesign to guarantee a bother free upgrade