Home / Technology Articles / Android 5.0 Lollipop: How to Download and Manually Install on Google Nexus 4, Nexus 5, and Other Devices
Google has reported the rollout of Android 5.0 Lollipop for its Nexus arrangement of cell phones and tablets. Numerous Nexus clients purchased the gadgets since Google said these gadgets would be the first to get Android redesigns. While that might not have been the situation with Android 5.0 Lollipop, however the Nexus arrangement is still part of the principal rush of gadgets to experience the most recent pastry. The upgrade will show up soon and meanwhile you can revive your memory by perusing about the best new components in Android 5.0 Lollipop.
For the individuals who can hardly wait, there’s a snappier approach to get Android 5.0 Lollipop on Google Nexus 4, Google Nexus 5, Google Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi), Google Nexus 7 (2013) Wi-Fi, Google Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi), and Google Nexus 10, amongst different gadgets. You can streak the most recent Android OS to your Nexus gadget utilizing a production line picture.
Be cautioned however, do this at your own danger. In the event that something turns out badly, you would prefer not to lose all your information. Bear in mind to move down all information on your Android cell phone. Google has a helpful manual for blazing plant pictures to your Nexus gadget. This procedure is not without its offer of issues, so we don’t suggest this unless you realize what you’re doing here.
Android Police reports that the procedure gives a few individuals a missing system.img blunder. Its post likewise portrays a fix for the blunder, so you can make a beeline for the site and take after the guidelines on the off chance that you get the same mistake. Be that as it may, this obliges you to physically streak every one of the records in the redesign, and has likewise prompted a few individuals reporting blunders, for example, missing back catches and telephone memory being downsized to 16GB, with a complete framework wipe being the best way to recoup from the issues, so we would unequivocally suggest sitting tight for the OTA overhaul in the event that you get the system.img mistake.
As you will see from the way of the directions, this is a somewhat specialized procedure. So while you ought to have the capacity to upgrade your Android gadget to Lollipop by taking after these progressions, for most clients our suggestion is to simply sit tight for the OTA redesign to appear on their telephones.
Here’s the way to physically download Android 5.0 Lollipop and power introduce it on your Google Nexus gadgets.
1. Download and introduce the most recent Android SDK on your Windows PC. This introduces two projects, ADB, and Fastboot, which can be gotten to through the order terminal on your PC, as a part of the product advancement unit.
2. Add the SDK organizer to the PATH by taking after these strides:
• Right click My Computer and snap on Properties.
• Click on Advanced System Settings.
• Click on System Properties > Advanced > Environment Variables.
• In the Window, select Path, then tap on Edit, and afterward sort for the sake of the catalog where you introduced the SDK, and recall that every passage is isolated by a semi-colon.
3. Empower USB troubleshooting on your gadget. To start with, go to Settings > About Phone > Software data.
4. Tap Build number seven times.
5. Go to Settings > Developer alternatives. Tick USB investigating.
6. Download the right plant picture for your gadget.
7. Extricate the picture on your PC.
8. Interface your gadget to your PC over USB.
9. Begin the gadget in fastboot mode.
The simplest approach to do this is to hold a key blend while driving up the gadget. For Nexus 5, hold the volume up, volume down and control catches while driving on the gadget. The full rundown of key mixes for various gadgets arrives.
You can likewise boot into fastboot mode utilizing the ADB apparatus: With the gadget controlled on, go to the summon terminal and execute the accompanying: adb reboot bootloader
If necessary, open the gadget’s bootloader through your PC utilizing the charge terminal and executing: fastboot oem open
1. Open a charge terminal and explore to the unfastened framework picture catalog.
2. Execute streak all.bat, which was a part of the unfastened picture document. This script introduces the essential bootloader, baseband firmware(s), and working framework. For this to work, you need included the organizer where ADB and Fastboot are introduced to the framework’s way as depicted in step 2.
3. At the point when this is done, Google suggests that you bolt the bootloader for security. You can do that by booting the gadget in fastboot mode while still associated by means of USB, and utilizing the summon terminal to execute: fastboot oem lock.
That is the manner by which you can introduce Android 5.0 Lollipop on your Nexus gadget. Regardless we suggest that you simply hold up a while until the OTA overhaul touches